As of today we still do not have a slate of Officers, but we do have some volunteers so please help us fill some positions if you know of parents who are willing to volunteer send them our way. As of now here is a list of volunteers:
- Family Fun Nights for 2019-2020 School Year: Tessa Allen
- Teacher Appreciation Week: ??????
- Donuts & Muffin Days:???????
- Social Media: Amber Vogt/Weeden Jackson
- Santa Shop: Tracy Island/Sarah Hannah
- Teacher Rep: Abby Jacobs
- Friday Folders: Weeden Jackson
- Read-A-Thon/RUSH: Abby Jacobs/Becky Binder/ Amber Vogt/?????????
- Spring/Fall Photo Day: Crystal Carlson
- Points Redemption/Lynn’s Receipts: Chrissy Blair
- Bulletin Board: Still Need some volunteers (Sep (Back to School) Valorie Seaman; Oct/Nov?????; Dec/Jan (Amanda Bender); Feb/March ????? (Read-A-Thon); April/May (Amanda Bender (Teacher Appreciation)
- GEAR Room/Santa Shop Money: Natasha Fuller
On behalf of the PTO, we would like to welcome everyone back to school. You ask what is PTO? PTO
stands for Parent-Teacher Organization, consisting of parents and teachers working together to support
and enrich all students. We support school staff, help promote student self-esteem, and assist in efforts
to solve school needs through volunteering and funding.
What is the PTO and who can be a Member?
The PTO is made up of several officers: Amber Vogt, President; Sam Burleson, Vice president; Kayla
Morrison, Secretary and Lindsey Stone, Treasurer. Our Teacher Representative is Abby Jacobs. Don’t
forget all of our wonderful school staff and volunteers. So, who can be a member? If you’re a father,
mother, protector, guardian, and/or a person who teaches or instructs at Lead-Deadwood Elementary . If
you answered YES, then we would like you to become a member.
PTO Programs & Fundraising
Our primary objective as a PTO is to provide our school with funds, programs, resources, and services
that will enrich and maximize the education of every child and to benefit the school. To meet this
important objective, we fundraise. Here are a few programs that we sponsor and/or support: Friday
Family Fun Nights, Santa Shop, Teacher Appreciation, Triathlon, Read-A-Thon, STEAM Night, RUSH to
Read and various other fundraisers throughout the year.
Become a Volunteer….Why YOU should get involved!
As you can see, we are a small and busy group. This is where you can come in! We need your help, and so
do your children). A special thanks to all of our volunteers from last year for all their hard work and
dedication. Here at Lead-Deadwood Elementary, we strive for excellence and what better way than to
become involved today. We are in need of growth and are seeking volunteers to continue re-establishing
the organization. We have planned some exciting events this year in hopes to get more parents involved
in their children’s education. The PTO is a team effort in which we cannot succeed on our own. Please
come and join us by signing up or contacting one of your officers.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605-580-1593